Associate; Family Law
- Board Certified Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- “Rising Star” (2010-2011, 2015-2016) – Texas Monthly Magazine/Texas Super Lawyers Publication
Katie A. Custer, a native Houstonian, earned her Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in Finance and Organizational Behavior and Business Policy, from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. After graduating from SMU, Katie worked for American Airlines and Southwest Airlines as a financial analyst. After returning to Houston in 2004, Katie received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law.
As a law student, Katie served on the Board of Directors of Prevent Child Abuse Texas, served as a Child Advocate and worked in the South Texas College of Law Legal Clinic.
- Board Certified
- Family Law
Specialized areas of knowledge
Divorce proceedings, pre-marital and post-marital agreements, complex property characterization, valuation and division, business valuation, issues related to stock options and restricted stock, retirement assets, and employee benefits, child support modifications, modification of visitation and parental rights, enforcement of court orders and adoptions.
Litigation, arbitration and mediation of all family law matters.
- “Rising Star” (2010 – 2011, 2015 – 2016) – Texas Monthly Magazine & the Texas Super Lawyers Publication
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, 2007 – Present
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section, 2007 – Present
- Houston Bar Association (Family Law Section), 2007 – Present
- Burta Rhoads Raborn Family Law Inns Of Court, 2009 – Present
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2014
- Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists, 2014
- Texas, 2007
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 2007
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, 2001
Publications & Speaking
- Board Certification: Breaking Down the Process and the Specifics,, 2014 Advanced Family Law, San Antonio, Texas, 2014
- Basics of Characterization, 2014 Marriage Dissolution, Austin, Texas, 2014
- When It’s Really Over: Closing Your File, Houston Bar Association, Family Law Institute, March 27, 2009
- The Intersection of Family Law and Bankruptcy Law, Burta Rhoads Raborn Family Law Inns of Court, November 2009.